How to Sell Wholesale Sunglasses - 9 Quick Tips
Posted by Shark Eyes on 29th Oct 2019
If you’re looking to bring in a little (or a lot) of extra income, why not sell one of the most popular products under the sun - sunglasses? According to the Vision Council of America, about 85% of the US population wears sunglasses, either prescription or non-prescription. The American Sunglass website states that in the US alone, every 14 minutes, someone breaks, sits on, or loses a pair of sunglasses. There's no question that there’s a massive demand for the wildly popular item.
The United States has the largest sunglass market in the entire world. More than 5.8 billion dollars was generated from sunglass sales in 2018, and the numbers are expected to rise each year.
There's a lot of potential in selling sunglasses. But, can you imagine clearing $8,873 in 31 days off selling sunglasses? A touching testimonial on the Oberlo website tells how one man did exactly that. The story details his journey through launching and building a successful eCommerce sunglass store. The best thing about his venture is that it's something anyone can do it if they are just taught how.
How to Start Your Own Sunglasses Brand
Before you begin on the nitty-gritty details of selling sunglasses, you'll want to establish your brand. What will make consumers want to buy their sunglasses from you? Maybe you'll have a contemporary edge to attract fashion-forward customers. Or, perhaps you'll offer deep discounts to draw in the more frugal shoppers. Whatever angle you go with, be sure to have one that sets you apart.
Once you’ve determined your focus and target audience, you’ll need a unique business name. Make sure it is a reflection of your tone. If your brand is young and trendy, chose a fun name. If your style will be elegant, chose a sophisticated name. You will want to secure your name through a domain website or trademark.
After you’ve got a name for your brand, write your slogan. If this isn’t your area of expertise, you can enlist help. Your slogan is how the public will remember your brand...or not. So, it is imperative to have a great one.
The look and feel of your brand are essential too. You'll want to choose a logo with colors and font or fonts that set the mood you are looking to project. Again, if you're not comfortable with your skills, hire someone who excels in this area.
Lastly, get your brand and your product out there! The more exposure you have, the more likely you are to sell.
How to Choose the Best Manufacturer/Importer
If you don’t have a great source to buy wholesale sunglasses, you will have a difficult time making any money selling them. Purchasing wholesale allows you to cut out the middleman so you can get a better deal - thus, raising your potential profit and making it possible to be more competitive too.
Finding the best manufacturer or importer to buy wholesale sunglasses can be tricky. A google search will reveal a myriad of choices. The biggest problem is - they will all claim to be the best and to have the best prices.
It will take some time and effort, but you will want to do your homework.
If you want to skip a lot of work, we’ve got some great prices & deals on wholesale sunglasses.
Compare the products and prices of the wholesalers you are interested in using. Then, check each one out. See, they have a positive and established online presence. Check for feedback on third party sites. Find out if any offer perks - like free shipping, consultations, sales training blogs, or availability of extensive product information. Check to see if returns are accepted in the event your shipment has faulty items. Be sure there are no complaints about the company in official places like the Better Business Bureau.
Once you have your list narrowed down to the top contenders, contact each. You'll get a good feel for the company by the reception you get from salespeople and customer service.
You may even decide you’d like to sell bulk sunglasses to other retailers. In such a case, you would be the middleman. This type of selling is beneficial because you typically deal with less random individuals and more along the lines of established clients who purchase their wholesale sunglasses from you each time they need to stock up. Often, selling wholesale eliminates a considerable amount of customer service hassle. In turn, you must make sure your wholesale source is stellar so you can buy quality sunglasses for a deep discount and offer them to your customers for a big bargain too.
The steps you'll need to take to find a supplier if you are going to sell in bulk are the same as when you are retailing. You will, however, need to have the assurance your supplier can handle the volume of buying you anticipate.
How To Actually Sell Your Products
Once you’ve established your brand and have arranged a supplier, here are some tips we’ve put together to show you how to sell wholesale sunglasses:
- 1. Decide on the details. There are many things to consider before you place your first pair of sunglasses up for sale. Will you sell online, in a physical location like a flea market, store or pop-up shop, or both? Knowing where you'll be selling will help you figure out other essential steps, like where to buy your stock.
- 2. Shipping matters. You will want to decide how you are to receive the goods and how to ship them to your customers. You can opt to set up drop shipping where the wholesaler you are buying from ships straight to your customers, or you can ship to your customers. If you are going to be a middleman, you can offer to dropship. There can be a lot of variance in what you pay out for the service versus what it can cost you in shipping fees, so this is an area you'll want to go over with significant consideration. If you do choose a dropship company to deliver to your customers, make sure the company has an impeccable track record, or you could go out of business before you even get started.
- 3.Set up your shop. If you are selling online, you’ll need a website. Make sure it looks professional and is easy to navigate. In the event you are selling in a physical location, secure your spot. In both situations, you'll want to arrange your wares (or photos of them, if online) so that they are neatly categorized and appealing to the eyes.
- 4. Advertise. For online selling, you will want to consider advertising on social media and everywhere else you can. You'll also want to get some articles and blogs out that utilize great keywords. For physical stores, signs, brochures, flyers, and eye-catching signs are essential.Sure, advertising costs money. But, not advertising costs sales.
- 5. Be creative. There's nothing worse than a stagnant brand. But, there's nothing better than a brand that comes to life. Creativity is what sets the two apart.Whether it’s giving something away for free, like an informative booklet or weekly blog, or continually adding high-quality content to your site, creative touches bring interest and interest motivates sales.Innovative sales strategies, excellent advertising tactics, and upwardly mobile planning will set your brand up to succeed.
- 6. Involve your customers. Sell “with” your customers, not “at” them. Throw giveaways. Ask for constructive feedback. Host contests. The more you involve your customers, the more appreciated they will feel, and the chances are higher they will purchase from you.
- 7. Establish and maintain trust. As mentioned before, sunglasses sell. They continue to sell too. Customers lose their glasses, break them, and want to find new styles. The chances of making a customer a repeat customer is great as long as they know they can trust your brand and that they can count on you and any staff you have to be courteous, respectful, and fair...every single time.
- 8. Be prepared. Expect the best and always, always prepare for the worst. Keep a fund for rainy days when the number of customers who return their purchases outnumbers customers who buy them. It happens. You may fall ill, have an emergency, or need to take a break. Being prepared will help keep you from losing your shirt when tough times roll around.
- 9. Pay it forward. Don't forget that acts of kindness go a long way. You might consider adopting a charity and giving a portion of your profits to it or giving it to a good cause from time to time. Many mission trips revolve around handing out glasses and sunglasses. You might make an occasional donation to a church or organization that is going on such a mission. Don’t feel shy to publicize your good deeds. People feel good about shopping with those who have a big heart.
Individuals buy sunglasses for many reasons. Some buy because they are cool, while others buy them for comfort or even caution. The most important thing is - they buy them. Now - you can sell them.
stats - https://www.statista.com/topics/5071/sunglasses-in-the-us/